Jan.3

Words I never thought I’d say: “I’m over you”.
Now I’m smiling as you dance with three guys who are all over you.

Remember when I begged you to dump your boyfriend for me?
Now I’m cheering you on while you’re high on Molly.

Your name: four letters.
Four years to get over you.
One year for each letter.
I wasted so much time being bitter.
I put some E in it. Now I’m much better.
Finally quit the game.
Finally quit the player.

You: the hardest thing I ever had to get over.
Fuck nicotine.
My addiction was on another level. Amphetamine.

I never thought we would come to this. Ever.
Guess it gets tiring. Saying “I want you”, then picking your heart up from the gutter.
I never thought it would come to this. Ever.
Seeing you dance with somebody else and call them a lover.
Watching you kiss someone else and not fight a motherfucker.

I got over you.
Don’t ask me how.
Don’t ask me why.
If I said I was upset, it’d be a lie.

Laser lights hit our pretty faces.
I can’t believe we’re here. Out of all the places…
“Do I love you?”, I ask myself as I touch your face.
Now I realize I lost love in a hook-up place.

IMG_20150227_015514

7 thoughts on “Jan.3

1. aguywithoutboxers February 27, 2015 / 2:38 am

Nice break-up!🙂

2. theRibz March 13, 2015 / 5:20 pm

I like this for several reasons.
    One is laser lights experience. I thought I was the only one whose inner wars begin to wage under the dim lights, in the thick of the smoke and the crowds that seem never to see me. A few drinks often help tremendously in the kicking of these existential epiphanies. I’ve written a few poems on my phone in those experiences.

Two is the honesty of this. The confusion of ideas accentuated by the rambling disorganised structure of your poem/story/whateverthefuckitslabelisbecausewhocaresaboutlabelling. I like the mixture of the visual/external and the emotional external. I know some of this might seem coincidental, yet I do not believe any Art is coincidental. Since I relate to your experience, I can see how this piece embodies the bitter and the sweet.

Contextually, I will tel you that you never lose love. Love, like life, is never lost but transformed.

• BeirutBoy May 7, 2015 / 12:34 pm

Definitely one of my favorite comments on the blog. Ever🙂 Thanks for taking the time to comment on this… I’m happy you could relate…

3. Sam March 17, 2015 / 7:55 pm

“Do I love you?”, I ask myself as I touch your face.
    Now I realize I lost love in a hook-up place.

Amazing

4. NY October 6, 2015 / 9:32 pm

Te2beshne ma2a7lek! Love it beirutboy!

• BeirutBoy October 17, 2015 / 10:00 pm