You Know Nothing, Beirut Boy

After 7 years of livin’ la vida gay

After 601 published posts

After coming out (and being outed) to my family

After falling in love 3 times

After dumping and getting dumped 6 times

After 70 nights of getting shit-faced at a gay club

After weeks of waitressing and serving hundreds of drunk lesbians

After 2 years of non-stop hustling at my day job

After 60 blowjobs

After 11 ecstasy pills and 65 Marlboro Light packs

After 100 kisses, 20 fucks, 2 orgies, 75 one night stands

I can honestly say that I’ve learned absolutely nothing.

Well, that’s not entirely true. I have learned how to take dick pretty well. But that’s about it.

The more I feel, the less I know.

The more I go out, and live, and love, the more I realize I know nothing.

I can give life advice and relationship tips to you and my friends all day long, bass walla, I’m just as clueless as you are.

And you know what? We’re 20-something, we’re gay, we live in Lebanon, under abnormal circumstances. We’re not supposed to know everything. We’re supposed to be beautifully complex (otherwise known as “fucked up”) creatures who know absolutely nothing. This is the time for loving hard, hating harder, living fast, trial and error (lots of error), bad decisions, regrets, and the occasional wonderful surprises.

So here’s to all of us, who know absolutely nothing.

Untitled-1

6 thoughts on “You Know Nothing, Beirut Boy

1. aguywithoutboxers January 7, 2015 / 1:52 am

So true, my friend, so true! When you get old and senile, you have all the knowledge. Then you die. Wasted intelligence! Much love and naked hugs!🙂

• BeirutBoy January 7, 2015 / 1:56 am

Ouff..depressing thought. Thank you for the comment habibi❤

• aguywithoutboxers January 7, 2015 / 2:13 am

Not depressing! Rejoice! Who can go out and have all the fun when burdened by all that knowledge?😉

2. Loca January 11, 2015 / 10:19 pm

I’m almost 35, and I agree to a great extent with what you wrote. In my 20’s, I too went through a phrase of experiementing (I am female and identify as female). But regardless of our gender, I can identify with your words, and the ‘abnormal consequences’ in Lebabnon that you speak of affect all of our sexualities, men, women, what’s inbetween, and beyond. The older I grow the more confident I am. Somehow, I am finding that happiness is embedded in self-confidence. Eventually you will know, Beirut boy🙂 If I could end with some words of wisdom (I am known for my guru-ish skills, lol) whatever you learn, use it to share with others, not to belittle them or to show off. Cheers! ps. my experimentation phase does not compare with yours, but it sure felt as rich😉

3. blebnani January 11, 2015 / 11:18 pm

awwww I am very happy that you’re back … tell me more about the orgies😉 I care about this part😛 :* :*

4. Anonymous January 12, 2015 / 1:48 am