Lesbians & their exes

Why are lesbians more likely than gay men to stay friends with their exes?

What’s the secret? I’d like to know.

Like you see your lesbian friend at this lesbian pub and she’s surrounded by a bunch of women. “See her? She’s my ex. That one’s my ex. Her and her…also done them”.

Compare that to me and most of the gay men I know. We don’t want ANYTHING to do with our exes and ex fucks. The farther away they are from us, the better!

Maybe it’s in the lesbian culture to keep close ties with an ex even after things don’t work out romantically. That sense of “community”.

Whatever the secret is, it’s highly commendable! Takes a lot to keep those friendly ties with an ex. What do you think?
_ _ _

pic

8 thoughts on “Lesbians & their exes

1. Christine April 24, 2012 / 12:58 am

It confuses me when you say gays and you exclusively mean homosexual men. As far as I know, homosexual women (lesbians) are also gay.

• BeirutBoy April 24, 2012 / 1:07 am

Thanks for the comment

I changed the “gays” to “gay men” so it’s clear =)

2. Mish April 25, 2012 / 11:14 pm

so my boyfriend is a lesbian? LOL coz that’s exactly what he does with his exes, which is kinda annoying:/

• BeirutBoy April 25, 2012 / 11:18 pm

oh shit! I wud pretend i’m fine with it but secretly i’d be dying inside.

• Mish April 25, 2012 / 11:26 pm

they’re the ones dying (A)

3. Alloush April 30, 2012 / 6:40 pm

I guess, in the gay world, roles are reversed.

Straight women usually bitch about even their closest friends while men are more loyal, but for gays, men are the drama queens and women are more chill.

Don’t you think?

4. lebgaygirl May 1, 2012 / 9:34 pm

Very True!!! and this is not surprising it is a fact! Most of my exes are now my best friends. To understand the reason you have to understand Lesbian relationships. Our relationships are extremely fusional and far more emotional than gay guys relationships or str8.
    So when we break up we find it extremely difficult to cut ties with our ex… so we settle for friendship… but I won’t deny the fact that it brings a lot of dysfunctionality to our circle of friends…

but can’t help it…

• BeirutBoy May 5, 2012 / 8:44 pm

Thanks for takin the time to comment and explainin🙂