Chicks

I was reading the third Hunger Games book on the rooftop, when I heard smtg. Something like birds chirping…

I kept walking to see what was the deal…and there they were.

Chicks!

No, not sexy-girls-tanning-on-the-rooftop chicks. Chicks, chicks.

Three of them.

Two were following my every move. Third one was dead.

Some fuckin neighbor left the chicks with some seeds and water. But I don’t get it. Why buy them in the first place if you’re gonna put them on the rooftop all alone to die?

Poor things. Dipped in fucking paint and tortured just to be played with for 2 days during Easter. Then they’re left to die.

I swear if people gave a fuck for a second and thought about how they treat others: other people and other animals! Animals are living beings, too, asshole. Would YOU like to be dipped in paint and put on a rooftop?

I stole…umm…saved…the chicks…and put them in a nearby garden. At least they’ll be surrounded by some greenery.

As for their friend…he’s buried under a yellow daisy.

6 thoughts on “Chicks

1. Ali April 7, 2012 / 1:45 am

That’s very sweet of you.

2. Sarine April 7, 2012 / 2:57 am

What you did was so cute and sweet!

3. Hala J. April 9, 2012 / 1:18 am

I hate people who can’t care for animals. When I was a kid, my sisters and I all got chicks like that from a pet store in Saudi. Mine was orange and my older sister’s was blue. They both died (although I wasn’t there to see it) but my little sister’s natural yellow one grew up, and so did another yellow chick we were given by a friend who couldn’t keep him. Then in Lebanon my little sister, who was now 8 or 9, bought another two yellow ones home. One was sick from the start and died the next day. The other one grew up to a small adult chicken. They can be adorable pets, you just have to, you know, CARE for them. Glad to see you have a heart where others just don’t seem to give a crap.

4. Mi7tar April 10, 2012 / 1:46 pm

First of all what u did was amazing , thank U for saving these birds .🙂

And yah I’d like to dipped in a pint and walk on the streets with cool coolers on my body LOL.

Anyway Happy Easter🙂

5. Alloush April 11, 2012 / 1:56 am

Awwwwww. So sweet! Happy Easter BB🙂

6. Aline C April 29, 2012 / 2:18 pm

aww poor little chickies!
    When I was 3 my uncle got me a chick, I was so scared of it we ended up giving him away to the neighbors😛