Chatting: are we revealing too much?

If you were a guy chatting with me 4 years ago, chances are I was a pain.

Aside from playing hard to get with the guys I chatted with (even though I was always horny), I didn’t reveal too much info. I rarely showed a pic, waited for a couple of chats before revealing my name, and didn’t disclose my University’s name and major!

Well, karma’s a bitch!

I now chat with guys who don’t reveal their real name until they feel “they can trust me more”. Scared guys who reply with “why do you wanna know that?” when I ask them “where do you live?”.

My old habits have come back to haunt me, and I noticed this when I was chatting with a guy last week.

During the first five minutes, I showed him 5 pics, told him my name, age, and which field I worked in.

What did I get?

A scared response: “Man stop revealing this much info!”

For a second, I doubted myself. Was I really revealing too much to a stranger whose name I didn’t know?

I mean I’m happy I’m not hiding in the closet anymore, but people seem to be intimated from that and think you’re “too out”.

Should I be all Mother Teresa with these gay boys and give them time to grow out of their “scared state”. After all, I was like them once.

_ _ _

sources: 1 2 3

24 thoughts on “Chatting: are we revealing too much?

1. Mish October 3, 2011 / 12:47 am

been there, done that… and still doing it 😛

• BeirutBoy October 3, 2011 / 12:50 am

I’ll make an exception and be all Mother Teresa on ur ass. 😉

2. H October 3, 2011 / 12:57 am

Where do you even meet new guys? MANJAM? *pukes a bit*

• BeirutBoy October 3, 2011 / 1:00 am

hihi
      kindly share ur own techniques to meet guys here =P

3. gaytheist555 October 3, 2011 / 1:00 am

Been there, done that… now that’s I am out of the dating scene I can’t help but relate to what you said cos that’s exactly what used to happen a couple of years ago 🙂

• BeirutBoy October 3, 2011 / 1:07 am

hey enta. 10x 4 stoppin by and commenting =)

4. Random Guy October 3, 2011 / 4:30 am

Just act casual and go along with the conversation rather than just listing it like you’re an advertisement. =)

• BeirutBoy October 3, 2011 / 11:52 am

but it IS an advertisement! I prefer to get everything cleared out from the get go rather than chatting for a week then find out he’s not my type!

5. ritakml October 3, 2011 / 3:19 pm

LOL! I guess there is no right answer here.. If they are “new” you might scare them off and if not then lucky you.. 🙂 Meh! Confusing!

• BeirutBoy October 3, 2011 / 3:50 pm

shu badna na3mol ya ekhte..heyda jawna…heyda adarna… =P

6. Ralph October 3, 2011 / 9:50 pm

Poor guys.

7. BiSexual October 4, 2011 / 12:25 pm

As you said, you had such problems years ago ( we all did ) and they are happening with other guys that you are talking with. i think that you should be understanding what they are going through 😉

5 pics ya zalim???? 3al aleele arjeena 1 😦

• Mi7tar October 5, 2011 / 11:28 am

Yah arjeena 1 plz 😛

• BeirutBoy October 7, 2011 / 3:07 pm

if u have a manjam, we’re bound to chat one day! =P

• BiSexual October 7, 2011 / 5:16 pm

why not 😉

what is your manjam account??

you can send it to my mail if you want 🙂

• Mi7tar October 7, 2011 / 7:11 pm

Im on MJ 2 😛

8. Mi7tar October 5, 2011 / 11:41 am

I used 2 use my real name … But I dont do it anymore 😉

It’s kind of stupid 2 tell a guy about ur self and how u feel while he is thinking SEX SEX SEX

So
    I don’t date
    I don’t tel them my real name
    I don’t give a shit about relationships anymore

I’ll kiss 1000 frog or I’ll sleep with them 2 find my own prince

Anyway
    Im telling the guys everything about me except my real name and when I had sex recently 😛

OMG
    It’s not about me

It’s about U lol
    Try 2 learn from me loooool JK

LOVE YA 3>

Btw show us 1 of the 5 pix 😛

• BeirutBoy October 7, 2011 / 3:08 pm

just make sure he doesnt check ur I.D. bil ghalat ..and when u see a friend on the street callin u by ur real name..RUN! 😛

• BiSexual October 7, 2011 / 5:15 pm

LOL

9. jennapauletta@hotmail.com October 7, 2011 / 4:34 am

Why not meet them personally in gay friendly pubs so u won’t be embarrased about your identity anyway and won’t be in the hassle of writing for hours

• BeirutBoy October 7, 2011 / 3:11 pm

Well I rarely find my type in those pubs, and m shy. i rarely make the first move. but i so shud have the balls to do that! gna practice next time 😛

10. Seth November 26, 2011 / 10:08 pm

it’s the same here in Croatia…

11. 15year-old-gayguy April 5, 2012 / 9:48 pm

I think one should have his limits, you don’t want precious info in wrong hands…
    Am I the youngest one here?

• BeirutBoy April 19, 2012 / 8:09 am