Song of the week: Alf W Miyye

“Alf W Miyyeh” (translation: 1100) is regularly played @ gay clubs in Lebanon. And for good reason! It’s very relatable!

The song is basically Nawal telling a guy that he’s become a manwhore, and that his lovers count is more than a 1100.

Song of the week: Alf W Miyyeh

Favorite line: “Law nadayt, ya hayati, ya rou7 albi, yimkin nasi esmi w mestashbeh fiyyeh”

10 thoughts on “Song of the week: Alf W Miyye

1. Aline C June 27, 2011 / 4:44 pm

I don’t really like Arabic music but this sounds cool. It’s nice to see lyrics that are different from “habibi habibi” 😛
    I’ve always wanted to go to a gay club, they sound like fun!

• BeirutBoy June 28, 2011 / 10:12 am

If Acid re-opens I’ll see u there =P

2. BiSexual June 27, 2011 / 6:42 pm

yeah an amazing song and i am sure that you meant to say 1100 😉

• BeirutBoy June 28, 2011 / 10:13 am

1001 was better look @ apparently! 😉 Thanks for the correction!

3. Mi7tar June 28, 2011 / 9:15 am

Lol it’s 1001 and I didn’t notice it till bisexual mention it lol

Anyway nowal is a gay icon that’s why they R playing her songs @the Lebanese gay clubs .

I think Amanh is my favorite song from her new album m3rfsh leh 😛

• BeirutBoy June 28, 2011 / 10:14 am

I also love “2a2oullak eih” and “Andak” 😉

BTW. who else do u think is a gay icon?

• Mi7tar June 28, 2011 / 9:00 pm

Haifa is gay icon .

Miryam Fars is a gay icon becuse when Wfa’a alkelany asked her about the gay rights she said that they have the right to live as human and some of my friends are Gay and I like them .
        Ugh I love miryam 3>
        Nicole Saba is gay icon becuse most of her songs are talking about gay self steam ( Ana tb3y kida we bhaeb kida )

Carole smaheh is gay icon look at her she look like a drag queen lol
        Just kidding she is an icon becuse she said ( ma bkhaf ) and in the music video ahe used 2 gay models to say I’m not scared of U ppl .

But nwal zughbi is the ultimate gay icon in the middle east .
        This is my arabian gay icons list.what’s yours ? 🙂

4. Mish June 28, 2011 / 4:45 pm

that’s the only arabic song that I’ve ever set as a ringtone! it easily gets stuck in your head.
    My friend used to dedicate it to me whenever we listen to it, and that’s unfair 😛

5. jimmy June 28, 2011 / 10:03 pm

I’ve always liked Nawal and her songs 😀

6. Mariam June 29, 2011 / 3:55 pm

I love that there are Arab gay icons!