Top or Bottom?

If you’re gay, akid you get asked this question a lot: “Top or Bottom?”

Some gays hate the labeling. But actually, it has its benefits. Like if you’re allergic to sucking dick, you would know better than date a Pure Top.

I’ve noticed many of my straight friends (& blog readers) aren’t familiar with these terminologies.

So here are the Roles in Bed for gay men:

Dating site asking "what's your role in bed"

Pure Top says: Gimme your ass. I will fuck your brains out. I would love it if you suck my dick. However, don’t expect me to suck you. I might not even touch your dick or kiss you on the lips.

Versatile Top says: I prefer fucking you, but I don’t mind being fucked every once in a while.

Versatile says: I’m right in the middle of Top & Bottom. I like fucking & getting fucked equally. So what’s on the menu tonight?

Versatile Bottom says: I prefer getting fucked, but I don’t mind fucking you every once in a while.

Pure Bottom says: My ass is yours. Fuck me hard cause I like it. Gosh, I like giving you a great blowjob! Listen babe, you don’t have to suck me to give me pleasure; servicing you is my pleasure.

_ _ _

ps: Don’t confuse tops with masculine men, & bottoms with feminine men. Lots of masculine men like getting fucked, and many feminine men like fucking.

pic1pic2

20 thoughts on “Top or Bottom?

1. Ralph May 25, 2011 / 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info, although I already know what top, bottom and versatile mean. And I don’t think I’ll bother asking you in which category you belong to, lol 🙂

• BeirutBoy May 25, 2011 / 10:42 pm

walaw 😉 these categories are confusing sometimes.

2. Zoozel May 25, 2011 / 11:10 pm

So what’s on the menu tonight? 😀 I found that funny.

Great post as always B!

• BeirutBoy May 25, 2011 / 11:40 pm

10x 4 always giving me ur feedback 😉

3. Mish May 25, 2011 / 11:53 pm

hahaha love it :p vers FTW :p
    though that’s the most annoying question that could be asked while getting to know someone.

• BeirutBoy May 25, 2011 / 11:59 pm

Yeah it’s annoying when it’s the second question after “Hi” =P

• Mi7tar May 26, 2011 / 4:04 am

Wallh it’s the first Qustion here

Some ppl are not saying Hi anymore 😦

Usually I ignore those ppl unless I was kind of …. I’m going to say lonely hehe 😛

4. jimmy May 26, 2011 / 2:07 pm

It might even be the first question a mother asks her gay son. A LOT of straight people think that gays are either pure top or pure bottom…they don’t know the concept of versatility. they still think gay sex is like straight sex : someone HAS to be the woman in bed *_*

5. Marie-H May 26, 2011 / 3:38 pm

That’s a great post, thanks.
    But that wasn’t what I meant about the egg test :/
    What I meant is what does ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ have to do with being top and bottom?

• BeirutBoy May 30, 2011 / 1:14 pm

Yeah I don’t get it either. Why does the Top have to be “positive”, and the Bottom have to be the “negative/salbe”?

6. BiSexual May 26, 2011 / 7:16 pm

LOL great post as usual dear BB but i think that you exaggerated with the ” Top Only ” section 😉

inno come on ” I might not even touch your dick or kiss you on the lips ” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S

• BeirutBoy May 30, 2011 / 1:16 pm

I don’t think it’s VERY exaggerated. There are gays-in-denial think of some boys as a piece of ass. A hole…

7. L_adham May 27, 2011 / 11:26 pm

ok i swear i just gotta say what yu’re doing and what people are doing here in Lebanon, WOW! I’m gay and I was passing through a hard time accepting myself. Your blog is amazing and to know that there are people fighting for something i very strongly believe in just wow ! I’m glad I’m not alone on this !

• BeirutBoy May 30, 2011 / 1:17 pm

You’re not in this alone =)
      Glad you’re liking what you’re seeing! Acceptance comes with time, and I hope you’re doing well 🙂

8. FoodForThought June 3, 2011 / 9:30 pm

BB i like that u r trying to educate the public but i think you are exaggerating a bit.A pure top wont not want to kiss or touch another guy’s cock and a pure bottom wont be satisfied by ONLY servicing the top. maybe you are showing the extreme to make a point? all that is to it. just like some white ppl like black and not white, some guys prefer a cock in their ass or their cock in other people’s asses. as simple as that. as long as the couple KNOW what the other is comfortable with, they would have the best sex 🙂

9. Georges August 9, 2011 / 11:37 am

thanks for the post..i too hate when that question pops right at the beginning..
    are there any dating sites you can recommend? I know one only…if you can not post them here, feel free to email them to me directly..thanks

• BeirutBoy August 9, 2011 / 4:15 pm

well, i have accounts on “Manjam” and “Gaydar.co.uk”! which do YOU recommend. I need new ones! hehe

• Georges August 11, 2011 / 2:44 pm