There’s a new club in town: Posh

Finally partied at Posh yesterday: the new Antelias gay club everyone’s been buzzing about.

Size: When we entered, we were surprised that the place is small, but I heard there are plans to expand the club and open a new floor downstairs. If you’re bummed that the place isn’t as big as Acid or Milk, think about how nice it is not to push a millllion people to reach the bathroom or the exit door! Khayy!

Music: Apparently, Sundays are Oriental nights, so I was bummed at first, but as soon as those bitchy Marwa & Haifa songs started rolling, I definitely practiced those belly dancing moves. No worries, Umm Koulthoum lovers, there were a couple of “tarab” songs as well.

Kissing: Some gays were kissing their lover (or their “boy du jour”) & weren’t hassled by buff security men.

“Shou ya helo?”: What I dreaded about Acid is the walk of shame. Once you parked your car and walked to the club (or when you were done partying & wanted to go home) you were faced with annoying taxi drivers, and asshole people who looked at you funny and shouted funny names. Posh is still relatively new, so those troubles are still non existent.

Laser: The laser lighting display is very cool.

ID: Come with an ID as they ask for age.

Prices: Fridays & Saturdays 30,000 L.L. (20$). Sundays 25,000 L.L. (16.67$).

Drinks: Open bar.

And as requested…a map:

Map

pic

38 thoughts on “There’s a new club in town: Posh

1. Escapist May 2, 2011 / 9:36 pm

And what about the music during other nights? I dream of a club that plays actual music, not just monotonous beats that make my ears bleed and don’t really get me in the mood to dance.

• BeirutBoy May 2, 2011 / 9:45 pm

I have to try the other nights to know that! =) We shall see…

2. Mish May 2, 2011 / 9:42 pm

how about a map so we can go check it 😀

• BeirutBoy May 2, 2011 / 9:49 pm

I’ll post one tmrw when my connection allows it 😉
      If i can recall correctly: ka2annak jeye men Antelias towards Beirut (internal road, not highway), it’s after Mashewe El Amir, awwal mafra2 3al yameen.

• Mish July 13, 2011 / 12:58 pm

it’s very close to my house! I should give it a try soon 😀

• BeirutBoy July 15, 2011 / 4:08 pm

if ur not into arabic, dont go on Sunday 😉

3. yasmine May 3, 2011 / 10:14 am

So, how long do you think this will last before the government finds an excuse to close it down?

• BeirutBoy May 3, 2011 / 10:26 am

As soon as “neighbors” “start” “complainin” 😉

4. BiSexual May 3, 2011 / 11:06 am

aha, nice to know that 🙂

thanks for the details (Y)

• BeirutBoy May 3, 2011 / 3:08 pm

Ur welcome 🙂 Let me know what’s ur experience there, if u go.

5. Joao May 3, 2011 / 8:26 pm

Good job beirutboy but ur may 2 posting is misleading u should write “ka2annak jaye men beirut la antelias” since the reverse means u r on the seaside of the road going to dora beirut

• BeirutBoy May 3, 2011 / 10:09 pm

I meant lamma teje men antelias la beirut (men el tari2 el juwweniyye – internal not autostrade). thanks for pointing that out =)

6. Keith May 8, 2011 / 7:13 pm

Hi BeirutBoy , I have been to Posh last weekend Thursday to Saturday with my mates when I was in Beirut for a visit and I got so excited about Posh , the Music was amazing and the staff were so friendly and smiley and the atmosphere in general was fantastic, It is advisable to party at Posh with Posh people ,and I will definitely party at Posh when I visit Beirut again next month..Keith.

• BeirutBoy May 9, 2011 / 10:09 am

Thanks so much for the feedback Keith! It’s good to know you had a good time and the staff was friendly =)

7. Keith May 9, 2011 / 2:56 pm

Thanks to you too mate, I am hoping to see the same good quality of people there and and good quality of drinks as well, it’s called Posh and it is really Posh, see you guys next month at Posh. Cheers Keith.

8. mario July 15, 2011 / 4:44 pm

I will go to Posh tonight can’t wait to have good drinks

9. Elie July 24, 2011 / 6:42 pm

What’s the adress exactly? coz say only ANTELIAS at the taxi driver won’t help me 🙂
    merci 😉

• BeirutBoy July 24, 2011 / 8:52 pm

When you’re comin from Autostrade Dora towards Antelias,

tell the driver enno yfout bil mafra2 yalle ba3d “Mat3am Mhanna”

When he goes bil mafra2, Posh is 3ala ekhir el sheri3

have fun

10. mario July 24, 2011 / 9:55 pm

Hey guys I guess it meant to be small just to have good quality of people not trashy rubbish people, however the drinks are genuine though I will party there tonight.

11. cutebear July 25, 2011 / 6:14 pm

Finally I partied at Posh last night Oriental night and it was Awesome 🙂 although I am not into arabic music but it was so awesome and will do that again, I will also try other nights for sure.

12. roy August 4, 2011 / 9:22 pm

Hi guys went last sunday was great, even though im not a big arabiic music fan but loved and finally drinks that dont kill you!
    Question though i saw that keith mentioned he went there from thursday through saturday… is it opened on thursdays???

13. Peter January 3, 2012 / 9:27 pm

I think the map snippet is a bit misleading as the satellite image is a bit outdated. The easiest way to find the place just by yourself is to go on Tripoli highway. After the Jal El Dib flyover keep on the right lanes. Just about 300 metres before you reach the Antélias flyover you will see a TOTAL petrol station to your right. Turn right just in front of this petrol station. Posh will be at your right after about 200 metres. You can’t miss it.

• Abdullaaa January 3, 2012 / 9:45 pm

Partied at Posh last weekend and new year’s eve it was so great party till 6 in the morning it was remarkable

14. YaMan January 28, 2012 / 1:54 am

I was there… It’s really cool… ktiiir nbasatna… 😉

• georgio January 28, 2012 / 2:11 am

Ehh ktir 7elo el posh, saturday and sunday nighyts are my nights …bokra ana posh

15. Phoenix May 10, 2012 / 2:44 pm

did the club close or move? my friend tried to find it and he couldn’t.. any idea?

16. Raphael June 23, 2012 / 12:59 pm

the club now is locat it @Sayfe near Kataab centre house (place of old milk)
    enjouy tonight the great music 😀

• mike June 25, 2012 / 9:55 pm

Yeah Posh took over Milk, they have gone bigger, I like the music , atmosphere eerything, its always busy ..

• Patrick June 25, 2012 / 10:08 pm

How nice posh started small and now big.. I enjoy posh too alwats , good drinks too.

• Jim June 25, 2012 / 10:14 pm

I always party there and always leave the party happy , deyman 3aj2a ktir w el jaw wow

• Moe June 25, 2012 / 10:47 pm

Kif el formula ?? $20 open bar ?

• Roy June 28, 2012 / 10:26 am

Yub 20$ …:)

• Raphael September 14, 2012 / 11:40 am

Before midnight 20.000 LBP Ladies night
      After 12, 20$ For all
      OPEN DRINK

PS join us this week 😀

• Roy September 14, 2012 / 11:52 am

The price is not much at all for very good drinks, I drink 5 vodkas with NO headache next day… I love u posh, always is open thursdays saturdays sundays

17. Raphael July 17, 2012 / 12:50 am

n yeap open drimk w jaw ra2i3 w dj woooow always update w drink yamiii 😀

18. scorpion May 30, 2013 / 11:53 am

Still posh exsist is it still open I heard milk ghost acid and posh forced to close . Can someone pls inform me about it