Gay Myth #7: Gays are pedophiles & molesters.

First of all, let’s differentiate between a pedophile & a child molester:

Pedophile: a person who has a sexual interest in children

Child molester: a person who actually engages in sexual activity with a child

Meaning, not all child molesters are pedophiles, and not all pedophiles act upon their sexual interest.

Anyway,

If you think your child isn’t safe around gays, I would like to barf all over your pretty little face.

Homosexuality and pedophilia are not the same thing!

There are child molesters who happen to be homosexual, just like there are child molesters who happen to be heterosexual, just like there are child molesters who like both young girls and boys.

So don’t equate being gay to being a molester.

To assume that if I carry your child then I will touch him inappropriately and sexually abuse him, is just…

say it with me…

ignorant.

—————————-

Wanna read more about this topic?

Check this! =)

pic; pic

15 thoughts on “Gay Myth #7: Gays are pedophiles & molesters.

1. Ziad April 6, 2011 / 2:44 am

ugh I hate this topic. If it ever comes up in a conversation somewhere, I either have a bitch fit or start slapping

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 11:37 am

Bitch fit or slappin? I wanna be there so bad!
      Yeah, me too. I try to stay calm, but it’s very hard.

2. Lebanon Rebel April 6, 2011 / 8:30 am

Hahahaha or you know…PROSTITUTES AND DRUG DEALERS, that’s what I had to deal with with my best friend thanks to some stupid neighbors.

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 11:42 am

Shou hal stereotypes!!?? Oufff…

3. yasmine April 6, 2011 / 9:23 am

I think that this is the stupidest thing anyone can think – the stereotyping just KILLS me. I just want to beat them with something hard…..

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 11:46 am

You know the thing they taught us @ school: “al 7iwar” and “dialogue”. It all sounded pretty nice when we were kids, but I donno…It’s really hard to keep your composure when someone has that mentality…

4. Mariam April 6, 2011 / 11:15 am

I really like the differeniation you made between pedophilia and molestation. Sexuality is a very complicated thing and social controls have made it a certain way that someone showing interest sexually in a younger individual is deemed inappropriate where in some culture and long before society as we know it existed, it was okay. Anyway, this a conversation that needs discussion in more depth.. and I don’t want to scare ppl with my views 😛 but that’s where my education has lead to lol

Anyway, as for gays= pedophiles: thats ignorant on so many levels and people just use these stereotypes to justify the hate and ignorance that exists in our societies.

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 11:51 am

Yeah, that would be a very interesting topic to discuss!

You’re right. People believe what they wanna believe because they’re happy in their comfort zones, even if that comfort zone for them means spreading ignorance.

5. Alex April 6, 2011 / 1:21 pm

“Stupidity has a certain charm, ignorance does not.” – Frank Zappa Ignorant indeed, and am saying it out loud… unfortunately this kind of thinking is quite prevalent. It just baffles me. Hope you’re good BB:) xoxo

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 2:27 pm

Thanks for that great quote! =)

I’m good Alex. Hope ur doing well 2.

6. This is Beirut April 6, 2011 / 1:28 pm

So glad to see you shedding light on such important issues man. Keep on keeping on!

• Ziad April 6, 2011 / 1:34 pm

It’s still sad that one has to highlight the difference between a relationship between two consenting adults (generally speaking of course) and that with an unwilling person whether it be a child or adult.
      So yeah it’s good to speak of such things, but it’s also stupid that we still have to.
      Hence my bitch fits and slapping.

• BeirutBoy April 6, 2011 / 2:28 pm

You’re doing the same, so keep it up too Dani!

7. Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 2:09 am

As we say it here ‘yeslam temmak’ (actually, I’m not sure if that’s what they say or not xD). I wish more people would think this way because I remember my mum’s reaction clearly when I told her that I have a gay best friend.
    I love your blog, man!

• BeirutBoy April 7, 2011 / 11:30 am

Thanks 4 the comment! And yes…kamen fike t2oule: “yeslam hal temm” hehe.