Let Me In (part 8 of 8)

continued from part 7

It was late to knock on someone’s door, but I couldn’t go home. I had to go to the scene of the crime.

I drove over to Ahmad’s house, parked my car, and rang on the interphone because the gate was locked.

“Alo?”

It was Ahmad’s mom.

“Bonsoir Tante. It’s Walid. Can you open the door for me, please?”, I asked in the nicest tone, hoping she wouldn’t be angry cause someone was knockin on her door at nine o’clock!

“Eh bonsoir. Tfaddal!”. She buzzed me in.

I ran up the stairs and reached the floor. The door was already open and there was someone standing there waiting for me.

“I never thought I’d see you again”, said Ahmad. He looked adorable in his pyjamas.

“Honestly…me neither. Can I come in?”, I asked.

“Sure”, he said.

We went into his bedroom and he locked the door.

Ahmad: “So…what’s up?”

Walid: “Do you have a band aid?”

Ahmad: “What?”

Walid: “Band Aid. The thing you put on something when you cut it or something…”

Ahmad: “I know what a band aid is! I just don’t understand why you came to my house asking for …”

Walid: “Aha… So do you have one or what?”

Ahmad: “Ummm. We have a box full of those actually…”

He opens his closet, grabs a band aid, and extends his hand to give it to me. I don’t take it from him.

Walid: “Put it on me”

Ahmad: “What?”

I take off the tissues wrapped around my bloody finger, and show it to him.

Ahmad: “Shit, how did you get that? That must have hurt”

Walid: “Happened while I laughed at some people. Karma’s a bitch. So, put it on me”

Ahmad: “Listen, I know what you’re doing…”

Walid: “What am I doing? I need a fucking band aid. I’m bleeding. And it hurts”

“Fine. Sit down on the bed”, he says reluctantly. He reaches for the dresser, puts some peroxide on a few tissues and sits next to me.

Ahmad: “Gimme your hand”

He took my hand and started cleaning my finger with the tissues.

I didn’t flinch. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of him as he was doing this, and he knew it. After the wound dried up, he placed the bandage over it.

Walid: “Thank you”

Ahmad: “Anytime”

He won’t look at me. He senses there’s a serious talk coming up.

Walid: “I came here to say I’m…”

Ahmad: “Please…we went over this last time”

Walid: “…I’m sorry”

Ahmad: “For what? For knowing what’s best for you?”

Walid: “I’m sorry I freaked out. I just needed some time to grasp everything”

Ahmad: “How do I know you won’t freak out again?”

Walid: “What if I don’t?”

Ahmad: “I’m not sure you can handle…”

Walid: “Handle a dinner and a movie tomorrow night? Sure I can!”

Ahmad: “Handle whatever this might lead us. I don’t blame you for walking away”

Walid: “I’m not walking away. You know, at the party…on our date…when I came to your house last time…I was running after you. I thought it was you who had to accept me. Turns out, all this time, it was me who had to give us a chance”

He looks at me then looks at the ground. I grab his hand and move my head towards him. He feels me moving closer to him so he turns his head and stares into my eyes. I give him a sweet gentle kiss on the lips.

He squeezes my hand and smiles at me.

Then his mother knocks on the door and says: “Yalla boys, dinner’s ready! Get out!”

Walid: “I should go…”

Ahmad: “No, stay. Have dinner with us. You know mom won’t take no for an answer”

Walid: “You’re right. She won’t…”

So I got up and walked over to the door to unlock it. He’s still sitting on the bed, so I ask him: “Yalla, what’re you waiting for? Let’s go in”

He stares at me with a worried but hopeful look on his face, and asks me: “Walid, are you sure you wanna do this?”

I walk back to the bed, stand in front of him, put my hands on his shoulders as he looks at me, and assure him.

“I’m positive”.

—————————————–

Thanks for Reading!

ps: “Let Me In” is a fictional story

—————————————–

Oh and here’s another story…

—————————————–
pic

61 thoughts on “Let Me In (part 8 of 8)

• mi7tar March 20, 2011 / 9:45 pm

OMG NOway

abdn abdn ma itw83t ino the ending will be like this :O

y3ny ma kan min al2wl we 5la9😛

i lkie it😉

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:23 pm

There always has to be “drama” maheik? =)
        Thanks for always visiting and commenting this week Mi7tar!

• Mi7tar March 20, 2011 / 11:28 pm

Haik we nos😛

Btw I’ll be checking ur blog twice a day till my dying day😛

THX god u r not HIV 🙂

T.C
        Mi7tar

1. Cryptococcose March 20, 2011 / 9:43 pm

Yay ! I like the ending ^_^
    Is there going to be a sequel ?

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:22 pm

It would be very interesting to see how their relationship evolves, wouldn’t it?

10x 4 commenting and always stoppin by this week😉

• Cryptococcose March 20, 2011 / 10:26 pm

Oh I’ve been following you for months ^^ I know you’ll be posting something every day so I always check your blog for new stuff😀

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:27 pm

Cool. Rly appreciate it then. =)

2. Robin March 20, 2011 / 9:47 pm

Great ending!!! I’m happy they ended up together! yaay😀

3. Mish March 20, 2011 / 9:47 pm

why did u run away if you’re positive as well ?

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:19 pm

“I’m positive” = “I’m sure” 😉
      10x 4 being here for the finale Mish!

• mi7tar March 20, 2011 / 10:24 pm

R U hiv positive in the real life ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i’m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo confused

is it real or fictonal story :s

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:28 pm

I’m not HIV+. No.
        It’s still a fictional story.😉

• Mish March 20, 2011 / 11:05 pm

oh lol i feel so stupid that i didn’t get it :$
        maybe it’s because i got emotional :p

4. Tagouga March 20, 2011 / 9:49 pm

Happy ending😀 I like it! Waiting for the next story😀

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:18 pm

hehe! thanks for reading and commenting. Rly appreciate it =)

5. Me March 20, 2011 / 10:06 pm

i cant believe myself, but i have been waiting for this since i read part 6 & 7. i think i just fell in love with the writer. i’m not hiv+, but i found myself identifying with this character ahmad – not the black sabath persona-thing, but in other weird ways that i realized while reading this. cool, sad and interesting questions brought up. Thanks for posting this stuff.

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:17 pm

I’m happy u enjoyed it! =) Glad u could see those similarities… 10x the comment

6. Escapist March 20, 2011 / 10:37 pm

YAY! And they live happily ever after😉
    Loved this. You should write stories more often!

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:43 pm

hehe Thanks!
      Gr8 to see u here @ the finale. u were here since day 1.

7. Music freak March 20, 2011 / 10:44 pm

Dear Mi7tar, as u already read at the beginning of part1 (and every other part til the last one), THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL INCLUDING ITS CHARACTERS so the writer is definitely NOT HIV positive in the real life (b3eed el shar) it just happens to be the best writer and a masterpiece in story teller😀 so there i hape u’r less confused now😛

• BeirutBoy March 20, 2011 / 10:51 pm

I’m guessing u liked the story, then.
      thanks 4 reading and taking time to comment =)

• Mi7tar March 20, 2011 / 11:32 pm

LOL

THX 4 the explanation😀

8. Carolyn March 21, 2011 / 12:20 am

Happy ending yeyyyyyy hopeless romantic in me is satisfied😀
    So when’s the next story?? can’t wait!!!!!

• BeirutBoy March 21, 2011 / 12:18 pm

haha! Glad u liked it! next story?… We’ll see😉

9. BiSexuals March 21, 2011 / 12:29 am

WOW, a happy ending🙂

TBH, although i wanted them to be ” together forever ” cause they would have been a lovely couple, but i did not see that coming up at all !!!

I saw in the previous 7 parts that ” Walid ” was a realistic guy who had a lot of bad relationships before and sure he learned the lesson. SO, in my opinion, having a lovely relationship with Ahmad that could end with a disaster situation would not be a good one, it would be another bad one !!!

At the end, i would like to congratulate you for this great story. you made us wait for you everyday and that added more romance and success to it. you are an amazing story writer, so keep it going😀

I will be waiting for more and more stories in the upcoming days😉

• BeirutBoy March 21, 2011 / 12:19 pm

Thank you BiSexuals for stoppin by everyday and commenting. I rly appreciate it😉

10. Asquared March 21, 2011 / 12:56 am

I love the ending and the last sentence😀 It was worth reading every single post from part 1 till 8 !

• BeirutBoy March 21, 2011 / 12:19 pm

That’s so awesome of u to say. I rmmber how u were involved since day 1. thanks A😉

11. bahaafe March 21, 2011 / 1:28 am

in reality life is more drama than this… so am happy the ending was a HAPPY ENDING… hope the next story will highlight on some other corner in relationships… GOOD JOB, and believe me it is my first time i waited for tomorrow to come to read a WEB-STORY….

• BeirutBoy March 21, 2011 / 12:21 pm

hehe yeah real life is so much more dramatic, but i didnt want to make another “mhannad/samar khanoum” situation😉
      thanks Bahaa for commenting since post 1!

12. Alex March 21, 2011 / 11:12 am

Great work BB…loved every single part…would you consider writing another story in the near future? In other words….pleaaaseee write a new story soooon;) My sincere regards xoxo

• BeirutBoy March 21, 2011 / 12:22 pm

lol. ur so sweet. I have a feeling you get everything you want with the nice way u ask for things😛
      hope ur gd . xoxo

13. anistabetreviews March 21, 2011 / 3:48 pm

Im not gay or HIV+ and I still felt connected to the characters. I love the way u write man! And this is one hell of a story🙂 I enjoyed reading it!

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:32 pm

That makes me happy. Glad u felt connected😉

14. aspergillose March 21, 2011 / 3:56 pm

Bitsattil!!!
    7atta mechteghil 3al details (kif 3erif 2anno VIH+ 3an 3omer zghir 3edatan les symptomes bibayno 3an 3omer 2akbar..), bass 3andeh sou2al kif la2atto,ba3rif wa2tta 2arabto 3azamo 3ala sahra bas se3eta nem ma3 benet? 2aw chab? w eza ma3 shab ye3neh ken fi 7ada bya3rif 2anno gay!?!?!?
    w metel ma ktir 2ableh ello natarettna kil hal jem3a soret bass baddeh tejeh el se3a 8 ta chouf el kmeleh
    => MA TWA2IF KATIBEH!!!
    w ba3ed chaghleh shi sa2il sar ma2eh 2anno 2abel 7adda ma3o sida ma kenit ktir t2assir fiyeh, bass hala2 7atta bi darseh kel ma yo2ta3 un sideen b7ess 2anno fi shakhess ba3erfo w b2oul :”yii metel Ahmad!!”

• BiSexuals March 21, 2011 / 7:02 pm

Dear aspergillose,

I know that your Questions are to be answered by BB, but just wanted to say someything:

AIDS knows no age dear !!! and regarding how Ahmad got it, you need to read the story again cause i am sure that you missed this section😉

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:39 pm

Ktir habbeyt el eshya yalle 2elta. Especially “yii metel Ahmad!”. Ana mabsout enno sarit t2assir feek. HIV+ people are in our friends, our family. They’re you and me. HIV+ people are Ahmad w gheyr Ahmad.

And bkhsus el whorehouse, ana ken asde enno he slept with a woman prostitute, because Ahmad still didn’t know (or admit) that he prefers men in sex.

Thanks for the comment and questions aspergillose =)

15. WalidFTW March 22, 2011 / 3:19 am

Well done BB. Good ending. Brilliant line at the end.
    I don’t feel it needs a sequel but we DEMAND a new story🙂

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:44 pm

hehe. Yeah i like that line too😉

Thanks for following day after day!

16. Mariam March 22, 2011 / 5:26 am

Good job honestly, its nice knowing that regardless of it all, as a gay community in Lebanon- you are able to to explore your possibilities and live, just like everyone else. We all have it tough to some extent or another but at least we can live.

Anyway, being the critical person that I am… i would’ve loved a story without anything to do with AIDS and HIV for the simple reason that there’s a common misconception that AIDS and HIV are ONLY a “gay problem” when they are far from- anyone can end up with these diseases. Another thing is, I would’ve loved for the characters to have more diversity in the sense that Walid didn’t have to have only gay friends- one can be gay and have straight friends. I think that way the story becomes truly an exploration of gay life in Beirut and how one deals with stigmas between gay friends/lovers and with the straight community and how an individual whom identifies as gay identifies with general society (i.e. problems faced, the great aspects of life etc.)

This isn’t criticism, just thoughts for another possible story you can write. Otherwise great job!

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:48 pm

Thanks for the comment Mariam. Bel3akes, I took your words in a positive way.
      Totally appreciate it! 10x for reading and taking time to give ur input😉

• Mariam March 23, 2011 / 6:33 am

I’m glad. And anytime.
        Keep up the good work🙂

17. annie March 22, 2011 / 6:05 pm

Nice ,you have good story selling techniques though I think some parts of it must be true ,loved ur message to stay positive,to stay hopeful ,even the impossible can be managed in life,just stay positive

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:50 pm

“Stay positive”.
      Nice one Annie. Thanks for reading and commenting =)

18. Lebanon Rebel March 22, 2011 / 8:14 pm

Now that I’m back I finished reading this, I LOVE IT, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOVE IT!

• BeirutBoy March 22, 2011 / 9:52 pm

yeah u told me you were gonna be a bit late hehe
      Glad u luv it!
      Appreciate your constant support😉

19. lebamerican March 24, 2011 / 10:09 pm

WOOOWW.. u got me hooked!! loved the story.. i was surprised its a work of fiction but your an amazing writer… well done!!!

• BeirutBoy March 25, 2011 / 10:20 pm

Thanks for readin n commentin!🙂 I’m happy u enjoyed it

20. Joseph March 26, 2011 / 9:15 am

thank you so much for this BB. Loved it🙂

• BeirutBoy March 26, 2011 / 11:21 pm

Sweet! Thanks so much for readin Joseph =)

21. Marie-H April 8, 2011 / 12:15 am

*claps*
    I don’t know if the ending warmed my heart or if it’s the aching that’s still there from the previous parts (considering I just read the 8). But, I have to say that this is very inspiring (and it brought tears to my eyes). You should definitely write more!😀

• BeirutBoy April 8, 2011 / 12:53 pm

That’s so sweet of u! Thanks for reading Marie-H! =)

22. GiB April 18, 2011 / 8:56 am

LOVE IT! so touching and real

23. Anonymous March 11, 2012 / 12:01 am

A whole year late. I’ve only recently known your blog but you already have a fan in me. I’m positive I’ll be here often and you’ll give me more reasons to come back.

• BeirutBoy March 11, 2012 / 7:09 pm

Aww that’s awesome! Glad to have u here =)