Sanayeh Garden

There are lots of places in Beirut that my friends, family & YOU haven’t been to.

One of those places is: The René Moawad Garden (Sanayeh Garden).

Take a walk in the place & you’ll find lovers sitting intimately, college students studying, kids playing, elderly people walkin, & men playing “tawleh” (they were bitchy to me & didn’t let me take their pic :P).

Here are some pics of the place.

And here’s a map of the place 🙂

11 thoughts on “Sanayeh Garden

1. Aline C March 8, 2011 / 2:42 pm

I have to admit I haven’t been to the garden… although I’ve passed infront of it many many times. It seems like a nice place 🙂 I’m glad that there’s at least one decent park in Lebanon.

2. Asquared March 8, 2011 / 4:22 pm

Wow I’m impressed! I always pass next to it but I never knew it was thing big and pretty. Do you know if dogs are allowed there?

• BeirutBoy March 9, 2011 / 1:35 pm

Yeah, check it out next time =) I think you can bring your dog too 🙂

3. Danielle March 11, 2011 / 5:31 pm

Your photos are absolutely incredible! So there are green spaces in Beirut! It’s time I discover them for myself..thanks for the extra push.. Who knws..may be Asquared will come with me!

• Asquared March 12, 2011 / 1:10 am

definitely !! and we’ll bring chuck and mila along

• BeirutBoy March 13, 2011 / 9:01 pm

Have fun u guys! =)

And hope to see some cool pics of the place @ ur blog Dani 😉

4. Joseph March 13, 2011 / 11:49 pm

I always thought it was closed or something :S I oughta check it out sometime! Thanks!

5. Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 9:43 pm

That’s right next to my house 😀
    Did you know that they were planning to turn it into a parking lot for a certain building a few years ago?

• Marie-H April 8, 2011 / 9:20 pm

Yeah, petitions were made and all that stuff and people didn’t agree so they stopped the project. Now, I believe, they canceled that.