Parents.

It always shocks me when people are against gays having kids.

It especially pisses me off when the claim is that gays are pedofiles, and that the parent will end up raping the child. Ignorance.

Gay parents are parents.

Now feast your eyes on these cute family portraits.

Awww…

pic1, pic2, pic3, pic4, pic5, pic6

13 thoughts on “Parents.

1. Lebanon Rebel February 19, 2011 / 12:44 am

I don’t know if you ever watched Ellen’s sitcom years ago, but there was this one episode that is just stuck in my head, and it’s the main reason that I tend to wonder what my sister’s reaction will be when I end up marrying a woman not a man. In the episode, Ellen finally admits she’s gay and her friends and everyone around her gets awkward, but the hurtful part for her wasn’t that. She already told one of her friends that she will be babysitting his daughter while he goes out with his wife and once he found out about her sexuality he said his wife’s sick and that she didn’t want to go out anymore so no need to babysit, same night she saw him and his wife at the movies and when she confronted him she found out that he didn’t want her near his daughter.

• BeirutBoy February 20, 2011 / 8:09 pm

No i haven’t watched that epi.

and oufff. Now that hurts!

So sad people link homosexuality to sexual deviance and pedofilia.

Thanks for sharin =)

2. Hish February 19, 2011 / 9:34 am

I’m all for gays adopting, but don’t you think that in our Lebanese society it’s a bit early for the community? They’re just starting to wrap their heads around the fact that gays exist and forming their opinions about that, adopting kids opens up a whole new can of worms. Besides the adoption procedure being very long and bureaucratic (I’m assuming), suddenly the neighbors see a kid living with you and your “roomie.” It’s not exactly a situation most people would turn a blind eye to. What do you think?

• BeirutBoy February 20, 2011 / 8:15 pm

I agree.

In Lebanon, I think the priority is definitely to work on abolishing Penal Code 534 which criminalizes homosexuality and accuses gays of being “unnatural”.

Thanks for ur comment =)

3. This is Beirut February 19, 2011 / 11:44 pm

This is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing..

4. Mi7tar February 20, 2011 / 6:15 am

Mmmmmmmmmm

2 weeks ago I had a fight with my B.F about this he is gay but…,. He hate it

Whatever

He told my that the gay parents are going to make their baby gay as they are and maybe they are going to have a 3-way thing

If the gay ppl are thinking this way ..,. Don’t ask the other ppl to accept it

Thats it

• BeirutBoy February 20, 2011 / 8:25 pm

If someone says:

“I don’t want my child to be gay cause I’m gay myself, and then I might fuck my child”

I think it’s a sign that the person himself/herself is not even accepting themselves and loving themselves.

You’re right. There are many people IN the gay community who hate on homosexuality.

Sometimes we get so caught up in tryin to open the eyes of homophobic people about gays, that we forget that many gays are themselves homophobic and also need to be educated.

5. Aline C February 20, 2011 / 3:21 pm

Such a great post! I was thinking about this the other day while watching Glee (Lea Michelle’s character has gay parents,that’s how it came to me :P)

Another thing related to parents that I was wondering about. How do Lebanese parents react to their kids coming out of the closet? I think they would be in denial or have a bad reaction, but I was wondering what your thoughts on the subject are 🙂

• BeirutBoy February 20, 2011 / 8:29 pm

Yeah! Very cool of them to add that in Glee 😀

I know from myself and a lot of friends that denial is very common in Lebanese families, as are huge fights, hitting, & kickin the kid out.

That’s some nice topic to be discussed Aline. Thanks for the idea 😉

• Aline C February 23, 2011 / 3:49 pm

you’re welcome 😀

6. Music freak February 20, 2011 / 11:46 pm

i know that ur always creative with ur blogs but this is just leme say the ‘BEST TOPIC’ u wrote about, i hope one day we’ll c ur picture with ur partner and ur lovely kid(s) 😀

• BeirutBoy February 20, 2011 / 11:49 pm