Perfection is not just about control. It’s also about letting go.

“Perfection is not just about control. It’s also about letting go.”

That’s my favorite quote off of Black Swan, and it also summarizes what the movie is all about.

This is not a “girly ballet movie”. It’s so much more.

The famous lesbian sex scene

If you’re into a psychological thriller that will keep you on your toes and make you cringe your ass off, watch this movie.

Ups…downs…up again…an awesome party sequence…down again…a shocking ending….

Black Swan takes you on this psychological/emotional rollercoaster along with Nina (played by Natalie Portman) who is trying to overcome her demons as she stars in the ballet production of Swan Lake.

Be sure to watch Natalie take the Oscar for Best Actress on February 27.

pic; pic

9 thoughts on “Perfection is not just about control. It’s also about letting go.

1. Aline C February 5, 2011 / 4:24 pm

I got the DVD today, I’m really excited to watch it.Psychological thrillers are one of my favorites 🙂

2. Ranwa Z February 5, 2011 / 6:06 pm

The movie is beyond amazing, i’ve had it for a month now, i watch it every week at least twice, every time you watch it you discover a deeper layer in it.
    its insane

3. bahaafe February 5, 2011 / 6:39 pm

ITS A WOW NOTHING LESS THAN THAT…. BREATHE TAKING…

4. V February 6, 2011 / 3:12 am

I didn’t watch it yet, and therefore don’t know the context in which this quote has been stated. But from a first sight, it is very catching!

Letting go is never easy; it is the ability for one’s self-control and acceptance of an unlikely event taking place. Which according to the quote, falls under a definition to ‘Perfection’.

I would have usually categorized ‘letting go’ as a matter of ‘kindness’ or ‘an understanding’.. But with this quote in mind, it really gives a big plus to ‘Perfection’.

Like it so much. And will do my best to watch the movie as soon as possible 🙂

5. Joseph February 6, 2011 / 4:54 pm

that’s it! I can’t wait anymore.. I’m gonna go get this now!

6. This is Beirut February 7, 2011 / 3:44 pm

Psychological thriller is right! I didn’t know how I felt about this movie when I finished it for the first time. But after I take a step back from it, I have to agree, that it is one of the best movies I’ve seen in a loooong time! (And that sex scene was hotttt, wasn’t it?) You sure you don’t like girls? haha

7. krikOrian February 8, 2011 / 8:57 am

I am going to Oscars with Nathalie Portman BEAT THAT 😛

8. Ralph April 7, 2011 / 12:03 am

Amazing Movie! Definitely the best movie of 2010.