Lady Gaga Mentions Lebanese & LGBTQ in New Song

baby i was born this way

Just read Lady Gaga’s Lyrics to Born This Way

Love her for mentioning Lebanese people, and saying that it don’t matter if you’re gay, straight, or transgendered!

This song is destined to be an inspirational anthem. Can’t wait to hear it.

Lyrics:

INTRO:
It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M
Just put your paws up
’cause you were Born This Way, Baby

VERSE:
MY MAMA TOLD ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG
WE ARE ALL BORN SUPERSTARS

SHE ROLLED MY HAIR AND PUT MY LIPSTICK ON
IN THE GLASS OF HER BOUDOIR

“THERE’S NOTHIN WRONG WITH LOVIN WHO YOU ARE”
SHE SAID, “‘CAUSE HE MADE YOU PERFECT, BABE”

“SO HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL AND YOU’LL GO FAR,

GIVE YOURSELF PRUDENCE
AND LOVE YOUR FRIENDS
SUBWAY KID, REJOICE YOUR TRUTH

IN THE RELIGION OF THE INSECURE
I MUST BE MYSELF, RESPECT MY YOUTH

A DIFFERENT LOVER IS NOT A SIN
BELIEVE CAPITAL H-I-M (HEY HEY HEY)
I LOVE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS RECORD AND
MI AMORE VOLE FE YAH (LOVE NEEDS FAITH)

REPEAT CHORUS + POST-CHORUS

I WAS BORN THIS WAY HEY!

Lyrics source

pic

—————————–

20 thoughts on “Lady Gaga Mentions Lebanese & LGBTQ in New Song

1. N. January 28, 2011 / 12:50 pm

love yourself despite being Lebanese?
    helo kteer! only the Lebanese can turn what looks like an insult to something worth cheering for

• yasmine January 28, 2011 / 1:10 pm

In consideration of what is going on, I think it can take a good connotation too…

• Ziad January 28, 2011 / 6:06 pm

Obviously she targets Lebanon due to the fact that it is much more multi-theistic than other Middle Eastern countries. Had she targeted another country it would have been interpreted as impeaching Islam.

That’s my take..and I spent approximately the same time analyzing it as you have, except I looked at it in a positive note. Try that more often.

Anyway… OMG A GAGA SONG WITH LEBANESE IN IT.
      I. COULD. DIE.

• Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 1:35 am

The song doesn’t say that so please don’t be a smartass. 🙂
      & even if you want to understand it that way, she says ‘Black, White… etc.’ before saying Lebanese. Don’t they have the right to be mad too?

• LebaGaGa April 7, 2011 / 2:59 am

Smartass? Thanks 😀 . My ass does love compliments. It hasn’t been getting much attention lately.

Who the fuck knows why she picked Lebanon. What I said was purely theoretical. Obvious, but theoretical.
        Hell. “Lebanese or Orient” could be a play on Lesbian and Orientation. It could be anything.

2. Karim N. January 28, 2011 / 5:47 pm

@N.: Love yourself despite being white, love yourself despite being black
    Does that make your skin color like an insult? I don’t think so.

It is just that some people can bear so much hate with no reason, that is what Lady Gaga is trying to say.

To not judge anyone by his nationality, skin color, sexuality.

And this is a beautiful message and even if it is becoming very common it will never get old!

3. Jimmy February 1, 2011 / 9:32 pm

It might also be a wink to one of her best friends MIKA , the international lebanese star who came out a few months ago as “bisexual” and who faces a ban in the US where they refuse playing his songs on radios.

4. Hilda February 17, 2011 / 6:01 pm

We Shouldnt Take It In a Negative Way Eno Na7na L Lebneneye Kel She Mnkhdo In A Negative Way !!
    Its An Honor That Lebanon Is In Lady Gaga’s Song !!
    And WTF !! They Are Banning MIKA’s Song From Radio Because He’s Bisexual ?! That Stupid !! The Bisexuality Came From The U.S Ihis Is Just Stupid..

5. Lilo March 28, 2011 / 6:45 pm

Hilda u should not be proud ino lady gaga said lebanese because she is sayin that lebanese people are disable but she is so wrong i used to be a fan but now she is just likebshit 4 me

• Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 1:39 am

It’s your opinion, and Hilda has her own opinion so let her be.
      As a matter of fact, that’s what the whole song is about: respecting and tolerating each other no matter what their religion, nationality and opinions are!

Lebanese people are giving me a headache I swear. (and I’m Lebanese, so don’t start a fight because I said that).

6. BeirutBoy April 7, 2011 / 11:27 am

LebaGaGa:

Maybe Marie-H was saying that “N.” is a smartass, not you 😉 Cause actually, you and Marie-H have a similar view on this.

• Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 10:02 pm

I actually did mean ‘N.’ and I’m still looking for the post from ‘LebaGaGa’ to figure out how they thought I was replying to them.
      Sorry for any misunderstanding.

• LebaGaGa April 8, 2011 / 12:38 pm

uh
        -cough-
        uh…

Sorry >_>

7. TatianaaaL April 30, 2011 / 12:02 pm

I think that Lebanese in the lady gaga’s song means lesbian since the use of lebanese as lesbian has been a very old joke that Americans use to refer to lesbians for example in the golden girls episode and when ellen was on the rosie show and finally the hit show Glee , the latest episode titled” Born this way” is all about lady gaga’s song and how to accept oneself for who he/she is , the teacher gave his students an assignment which is to describe therselves in one word so a character gave her friend , who is a lesbian but not out yet , a shirt with the word lebanese on but actually it refers to lesbian.
    my conclusion is that lady gaga used the term lebanese to refer to lesbian since first its not very appropiate to use lesbian in a song and that it does not really follow the beat or rythm and i think the proof is the lastest glee episode
    lady Gaga + born this way + Lebanese+ Lesbian Charatcter

here are the links to all 3 shows

Golden Girls

Ellen on Rosie

Glee

Realize that the use of lebanese as lesbian has beeen there for years

• BeirutBoy May 1, 2011 / 1:37 pm

Thanks so much for that research! U know recently I started to think Gaga may have used the Lebanese for that exact reason too 🙂
      Thanks for sharing these cool videos!

8. holy.xx July 9, 2011 / 1:42 pm

she just said lebanese cause it rhymes now get a life!

9. lebachick October 30, 2011 / 3:49 pm

She meant lebanese in a bad way! Btw her mother is lebanese she should be called lady caca 😉 We are proud being lebanese !

• BeirutBoy November 9, 2011 / 11:16 pm

Why was it bad you think?

10. silva April 18, 2012 / 5:08 pm

Wow, her mother is lebanese?! No way, now im prouder about lebanon..FUK OFF AMERICA WE GAVE U SHAKIRA; LADY GAGA; MISS UNIVERSE SALMA HAYEK AND SO MANY OTHERS :P!!!i hate u and israel, LEAVE US ALONE, WE DIDNT DO ANYTJING TO U; WHY R U SO MEAM?!

11. mhamad May 30, 2013 / 5:52 pm

people please, first of all im not a fan of lady gaga,with that bieng said, whats so good about bieng lebanese? ok we are hot men and women, we have the most honored history and ancesters, were smart, but we still have no 24/7 electricity, no goverment. and still fight amongs ourselves for the smallest reasons, i mean if we cant live together on the same land an in one name…..