Top 20 songs of 2010

#1
Teenage Dream – Katy Perry

Highlight: I’ma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans. Be your teenage dream tonight.

#2
Tik Tok – Ke$ha

Highlight: “Now the party don’t start till I walk in”. (But you know she’s already drunk when she walked in)

#3
Rude Boy – Rihanna

Highlight: “Tonight I’ma let you be a rida. Giddy up. Giddy up. Giddy up, babe“.

#4
Alejandro – Lady Gaga

Highlight: “I know that you may love me, but I just can’t be with you like this anymore…Alejandro”.

#5
Love the Way You Lie – Eminem ft. Rihanna

Highlight: “But you lied again. Now you get to watch her leave out the window. Guess that’s why they call it window pane.”

#6
B
oy Who Murdered Love – Diana Vickers

Highlight: “There’s a mark upon your skin where your heart once used to be”.

#7
OMG! – Usher ft. Will.I.Am

Highlight: The cheering men in the backgound making you feel like you’re watching a football game.

#8
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga

Highlight #1: Screaming “want your bad romance” at the top of her lungs.

Highlight #2: Adding the song to my dad’s cellphone music playlist because he liked the song & the video. I was speechless.

#9
Telephone – Lady Gaga

Highlight: Beyonce: “Sometimes I feel like I live in Grand Central station. Tonight I’m not takin no calls cause I’ll be dancin”.

#10
Only Girl (In The World) – Rihanna

Highlight: The song’s amazing bridge, followed by the last chorus.

#11
Parachute – Cheryl Cole

Highlight: “You’re gonna catch if I fall..down…down…down” & the military percussions used in the song.

#12
Your Love is My Drug – Ke$ha

Highlight: The first 8 seconds of the song. Pure electropop heaven.

#13
Waka Waka (This time for Africa) – Shakira ft. Freshlyground

Highlight: “Tsamina mina eh eh. Waka waka eh eh”.

#14
Commander – Kelly Rowland

Highlight: “I’m bout to act a fool. Turn the lights on!”

#15
Fever – Adam Lambert

Highlight: “Give you ma fah fah fever. Ma fah fever.”

#16
3 – Britney Spears

Highlight: “Everybody loves (insert signature Britney moan)”

#17
Airplanes  – B.O.B. ft. Hayley Williams & Eminem

Highlight: The fact that it would still be a hit song without B.O.B.; just Hailey Williams singing her part (only 20 words) over and over.

#18
Woohoo – Christina Aguilera ft. Nicki Minaj

Highlight: Nicki Minaj: “When you work your tongue, can I hire you?”

#19
Amazing – Inna

Highlight: The way Inna says “Fire” & “Higher”.

#20
Firework – Katy Perry

Highlight: “Make them go Ahh, Ahh, Ahh, as you shoot across the sky, ayy, ayy”.

So…what’s YOUR Top song of 2010?

——————————————

pics sources:
1234567891011121314151617181920

11 thoughts on “Top 20 songs of 2010

1. bahaafe December 26, 2010 / 7:35 pm

Not sure if the Woohoo – Christina Aguilera ft. Nicki Minaj should be in the list 🙂 …. she was a failure this year 🙂

• BeirutBoy December 26, 2010 / 7:39 pm

Bionic wasn’t as successful as her other albums. True.
      But I think there are some good songs on that album…
      You didn’t tell me though. What’s YOUR Top song of 2010? 😛

• yasmine December 27, 2010 / 10:29 am

I have to agree – didn’t like that song too much either….

2. Semsom December 26, 2010 / 8:57 pm

my favorite song is love the way you lie…. i don´t know why it is number 5 in the list.
    anyways love the blog..keep it up!

• BeirutBoy December 26, 2010 / 10:20 pm

Well it made it to my Top 5 didn’t it? 😛

3. Aline C December 27, 2010 / 7:27 pm

I had forgotten some of these songs were released this year!! From your list, I’m currently loving “Fireworks”, 3 was one of my favorite pop songs of the year. ou and I thought “Love the way you lie” was awesome 🙂

• BeirutBoy December 27, 2010 / 7:33 pm

Yeah Fireworks is amazing!
      and I think “Love the way you lie” is really a favorite for everyone out there!

4. Georgezamroud December 29, 2010 / 3:44 pm

i guess there are lots of songs that you didn’t feature here! but i guess it is ur taste at the end!! but lots of good songs were not mentioned besides tiktok, bad romance and 3 were from 2009 🙂 but seems ur a gagakesharihannakaty addict 😛 i will just mention the songs that deserves to be in the top 20 without hierarchy 😛
    we no speak americano – yolanda be cool
    born again – ricky L
    lady antebellum – need u now
    just the way you are – bruno mars
    alors on dance – stromae
    not giving up on love – armin van buuuren
    on the radio – jlo and david guetta
    rose colored glasses – kelly rowland
    one – sedish house madia
    like a g6 – fareast movement
    wonderful life – hurts
    and one more thing i guess bruno mars, rihanna, kesha, lady gaga, usher, enrique, david guetta and armin van buuren were the highlights this year 😛

• BeirutBoy December 29, 2010 / 3:52 pm

Those r good songs, ur right. Especially “Just the way u r”!
      But those r the songs that were the best for me this year. It could even be something released in 2003 but made a gr8 impact this year..u know? 😛

For me…Rihanna was a highlight. Huge.

• Georgezamroud December 29, 2010 / 3:54 pm

yeah she was and she will be in 2011 too 🙂 glad she did it before lady gaga cos i guess lady gaga will be a smash this year!!! i guess in FEB or MARCH