Why does he Missed Call me?

For those of you not familiar with the “missed call” notion in Lebanon:

Missed calls [abbreviation: mc] are very common in Lebanon. Let’s say you came across my mind and I want to say “Hi”. Instead of sending a text message or calling you and wait for you to pick up, I will simply “Missed Call” you. Some people take it to another level and missed call you so you call them back! But this prolly has to do with how cellphone recharge cards are expensive in Lebanon and most of us are always “unitless”.

———————————————————————————————–

Oh some Lebanese boys and their Missed Calls.

What do their Missed Calls mean?

Do you like me? Or are you just saying “Hi” to your friend?

I mean, at least if you send me a text message I could analyze it and find out what your intentions are. But what’s there to analyze in a Missed Call?

The Timing of the Missed Call is key, says my Best Friend.

She currently has the hots for a guy who messages AND missed calls her. She MCs him back of course.

But his MCs have become more frequent after their first encounter; he Missed Calls her in the morning and at night. So she’s wondering, like many women out there:

“Does his morning MC mean that I’m the first person he thinks about when he wakes up?

Does the midnight MC mean that he wants to be dreaming of MOI all night long?”

I think a Missed Call is harmless IF it’s accompanied by messages, phone calls, and face to face dates! I mean…how are you supposed to get to know this person if he only Missed Calls you?

Are you dating him…or your ringtone?

image

9 thoughts on “Why does he Missed Call me?

1. Joseph December 4, 2010 / 4:09 pm

Spot on! I refused to get into the whole ‘missed call’ thing, but then I thought it would be rude not to miss call back… and then it became a habit.. sigh.

• BeirutBoy December 4, 2010 / 4:11 pm

hehe
      What I find most hilarious is: (and this is something I used to do too)
      Wait like 5 mins before you Missed Call him back. If you Missed Call instantly he’ll think you’re too easy 😛

• Joseph December 5, 2010 / 1:02 am

oh I usually reply after a few hours.. not that it’s intentional, but often I don’t hear it. 😛

2. Karim N. December 4, 2010 / 6:00 pm

I think Missed Calls are cute ;D

Not having to analyze them is what makes them cool! Just a simple way of showing your lovee!
    My friend always Missed Calls her sister and her boyfriend in the middle of a lesson, it’s fun! She has a whole code:
    One Missed Call: I’m thinking about you.
    Two Missed Calls: Call me…

But whenever someone Missed Calls me, I call back… For the majority, MCs are when you don’t have enough units to call 🙂

• BeirutBoy December 4, 2010 / 7:26 pm

Seems like ur friend has mastered the art of the Missed Call =)
      Thanks for comment buddy.

3. A Bare Truth December 5, 2010 / 9:53 am

So funny, i wasn’t aware of this notion of missed call. How twisted! How Confusing! How hilarious!
    As it it relationships are a mess. The message never get thru. One says sth, the other hears sth else. So missed calls, it’s like flipping a coin.
    …How Cheap

• BeirutBoy December 5, 2010 / 2:30 pm

And it rly gets ugly when you MC someone you like and then u have to WAIT and WAIT for their MC!
      U start obsessing…”ok why isn’t he MC-ing back?! is smtg wrong?!”

4. Danielle December 6, 2010 / 12:23 pm

No wonder relationships in Lebanon are so complicated! You’re supposed to take cues from missed calls now? Ughh that’s too much for me!! If I’m not worth 11 or 44 cents, we have a bigger problem. Ditch the Miss Call habits everyone!