I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is an American organization which defends animal rights.

I’ve always liked PETA’s ads, especially the “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign!

Many celebrities have posed naked for the cause:

Pamela Anderson, Khloe Kardashian, Dennis Rodman, and my favorite PETA model: Eva Mendes.

Many people think the campaign degrades the women who are in the ads. Keep in mind that men have also posed nude.

What do you think?

15 thoughts on “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur

1. Dyone November 20, 2010 / 12:03 am

I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur. But my weak spot is faux fur.

• BeirutBoy November 20, 2010 / 1:01 pm

“Faux” in this case is okay Dyone 😛 Enjoy ur “faux” fur!

2. jammed-thoughts November 21, 2010 / 7:11 am

That’s a really creative campaign. I like that they didn’t only use strictly “attractive” people in it either. Keepin’ it real ;D

• BeirutBoy November 21, 2010 / 1:33 pm

Great point! Real IS Beautiful.

3. Joseph November 21, 2010 / 9:33 am

Awesome post! Even though I don’t always agree with Peta and their press releases, love these =)

4. Danielle November 21, 2010 / 3:45 pm

Great selection of ads. 🙂 I love Eva too.

5. Aline C November 24, 2010 / 9:07 pm

I’m againt animal cruelty, but I don’t like PETA.
    I don’t like fur but in a “go naked” scenario, I’d rather go faux fur. 😛

• BeirutBoy November 24, 2010 / 9:23 pm

LMFAO!

Okay then. Faux fur it is =P

6. Marie-H April 7, 2011 / 10:55 pm

Aha! So you only like it for the Naked celebs! 😉 haha.
    I’m ashamed to admit that but it’s the only PETA campaign that I’m not too fond of :/

• BeirutBoy April 8, 2011 / 12:52 pm

But this is the campaign they’re most famous for, isn’t it? I don’t think I would have heard of PETA if it weren’t for this bold move! =P

• Marie-H April 8, 2011 / 9:17 pm

Do you want me to explain it to you why they got most famous for this campaign? xD

But anyways, I’m a vegetarian but I wouldn’t do it, and I would even go to the limit of saying that if I ever got stuck in a situation where I would have to stay naked, I won’t hesitate in grabbing the fur coat that would be next to me :p (seeing as that won’t happen because we have faux xD)
        Btw, the adds you put aren’t all for the same campaign.

• BeirutBoy April 11, 2011 / 11:00 am

Oh rly? Like which ones? =) Isnt the common theme: “i’d rather go naked”?

• Marie-H April 12, 2011 / 9:35 pm

No, you have ‘ink not mink’ which is about mink skin.
        ‘Pleather Yourself’ is about leather. The rest is all about fur but they’re not all ‘rather go naked than wear fur’.
        They obviously don’t need a slogan that allows nudity to shed their clothes xD

• BeirutBoy April 13, 2011 / 1:11 pm