Marillon Cotillard is Haunting in Inception

Marillon Cotillard in Inception

So I watched Inception during the weekend and Marillon Cotillard stole the show!  Her portrayal of Mal (Leo DiCaprio’s wife who commits suicide) was haunting .

I wanted her to appear on screen but at the same time she made me hold on to my seat cause she was mad and unpredictable.

Leo, on the other hand…from the trailers it seemed like he was the perfect fit for a movie like this but I donno… it just didn’t work. By the end of the movie, he hadn’t made a big impression on me.

All in all. If you’re fascinated by dreams, the subconscious, and the fine line between dreams and reality, go watch this movie. The visual effects are awesome too!

The storyline was a bit complex for me because of the “dream within a dream” element, but this is not a “walk in the park” kind of movie. You might not get it from the first watch but that’s the fun of it.

Just ask Marillon Cotillard who read the script twice to understand it thoroughly:

“I had never read a script like it before. It is so emotionally complex I had to read it a second time. But I was touched by the different layers of the story and I wanted to be a part of it.” [Source]

Marillon Cotillard in Inception

Marillon Cotillard won the Oscar for Best Actress for her role as Edith Piaff. What’s ironic is that Piaff’s ‘Je Ne Regrette Rien’ was played a couple of times during the movie.
————————
Sources: Pic 1; Pic 2

8 thoughts on “Marillon Cotillard is Haunting in Inception

1. jaco223 August 2, 2010 / 2:54 pm

BB

I really want to see this movie. I like that “dream within a dream” theme. I remember seeing “Until the End of the World” with William Hurt and Solveig Dommartin…she’s beautiful. The movie is directed by Wim Wenders(He’s brilliant) it’s beautiful movie. William Hurt is on the run …his father, portrayed Max Von Sydow who is a scientist who invents a kind of instrument that allows blind people to see. His wife is blind. This instrument can also be used to record people’s dreams …I won’t give anymore of the movie away …try downloading from the Internet. You might like it. The film was produced in 1991. My girlfriend took me to see on my birthday. I like Leo …I think he’s a good actor, though DeNiro is my all time fav. Thanks for your review!
    Best,
    Jaco

• BeirutBoy August 3, 2010 / 8:10 pm

ur welc Jaco 🙂

u know I’ve always wondered how do visually impaired people dream. So interestin…

• jaco223 August 3, 2010 / 8:32 pm

BB

You can download Until The End of The World from the Internet you may like it. It’s so interesting in the movie it is portrayed nicely how Max Von Sydows wife sees using the device he invented. Von Sydow knows the full potential of his device, and wants to keep it out of the governments hands. His son played by William Hurt literally makes his way around the world recording images using the device. He wears the device recording what and how he sees something …he records his sister and her children…and friend of his mother. Along the way he meets Solveig Dommartin for an adventurous romp around the globe avoiding bounty hunters after the device ….the images recorded are transferred to William Hurts mother ..Von Sydows wife ..and you see in the film how she sees the images. However ..it is discovered the device can record anyone’s dreams if they wear the device while sleeping ..there is where it becomes very moving seeing the dream sequences of William Hurt, Solveig, and Von Sydow …Solveig becomes addicted to watching her own dreams ..Sam Neill who loves her …he plays a writer in the film …won’t give her new batteries when the lose power in the palm device she uses to watch her dreams …he “detoxes” her …it is much better than the way I describe it …but it’s worth seeing IMO ..

Best To You BB …

2. Danielle August 3, 2010 / 10:48 am

I’ve been hearing great things about this movie. I’m going to go watch it as soon as I get a chance.

Dream within a dream, huh? Sometimes my dreams feel more real than my reality. Oftentimes I wake up exhausted, even though I’ve slept for 8 hours.

Do you ever feel that way? Thanks for the review..

• BeirutBoy August 3, 2010 / 8:15 pm

I almost always wake up exhausted but not cause I’ve been dreamin all night! I just feel like I need more sleep! Just 5 more mins. Just 10 more mins. Just 15 more mins! Then I end up snoozin for an hour 😛

It’s actually rly cool that ur dreams feel so real Dani! And after u watch the movie u will want to rush to bed and start dreaming those out-of-this-world dreams.

And let me know if u like Marillon 🙂

3. jaco223 August 3, 2010 / 8:37 pm

BB

Have you ever had the experience of a dream within a dream? …in other words you dream that you’re dreaming …it’s happened to me a number of times ..so strange…I love dreaming and sometimes can recall maybe three of my dreams in one night …some people have what’s called “lucid dreaming” I think I do that.

• BeirutBoy August 4, 2010 / 3:39 pm

Well I rarely remember what I dreamed except for the dreams that I have like 15 mins before I wake up!

Lucid dreams are so interesting! Don’t u just love it when ur aware that ur dreamin! 🙂

Tell me what u think of Inception when u watch it Jaco 🙂

4. jaco223 August 4, 2010 / 3:59 pm

Hey BB

Yea I love it when I know I’m dreaming …..I had a strange lastnight….Marylin Monroe was in it …strange I could see her sitting in the next room from where I was …seemed like she was in the kitchen ..and I vaguely remember someone asking me sth. like who’s your gf/wife? I don’t know sth. like that and I remember saying Marylin ..it’s always been Marylin…then I woke up …it was 5am ..got u and made coffee .. 🙂
    Sure BB when I get to see Inception I’ll let you know what I think of it.
    Best To You BB